Monday, June 8, 2009

OK, another Evan story.

Yesterday I decided to paint his room a new color. I get the paint, "invite" my mom over to help, and send Eric and Evan to the pool to swim. We get his whole room painted in an hour and a half and everything back on the wall and in place.

Eric and Evan come home from swimming and they both come into his room. Us adults (including my dad who came over to check on Evan's crib) start talking about maybe rearranging the furniture. About 10 seconds later Evan, who had walked out of the room, comes back in carrying the PAINT CAN UPSIDE DOWN. He had went into the bathroom and found the paint can that was about 1/4 the full. He had dumped it out in the bathroom and then carried it into his bedroom. PAINT WAS EVERYWHERE.

It was chaos for about 2 minutes. I grab the paint can, Evan starts screaming, Eric grabs Evan and takes him to the shower, Wrigley runs through the paint and I scream for her to stop so she won't track it through the rest of the house...and the cleanup begins.

So this week we're having new carpet installed in his room and probably our room, too. Oh my. I wish I would have taken a picture!

1 comment:

Jen said...

HOLY COW! Way to go, Evan :)